S. Miss (+14) at South Carolina. Both teams play hard nosed defense. S. Miss historically plays road openers really tough. The wildcard causing me to like S. Miss is Steven Garcia, QB S. Car. Steven Garcia is a terribly inconsistent QB. After Spurrier gets frustrated and starts the qb carousel, there offense will struggle to find rhythem. 61% of money on S.C. in vegas right now.
USC (-21) at Hawaii. I know, Hawaii is tough at home...SC is pissed about the NCAA stuff and will run up the score all year. 91% of money is currently on SC and that scares me a little.
Pitt at Utah (-3). Both teams have strong offenses and the question mark is Utah's D. I give the edge to Utah based on home field advantage and the fact that Dave Wannstedt is the worst big game coach in AMERICA! 52% on Utah
Im with you on the Southern Miss game. They are underrated and have a knack for always being in games. USC game scares me. If I had to bet, I would probably take USC, but im not touching that game. I do like Utah. Like you said, Pitt never produces in big games and Utah being at home in the opener will be the difference.
ReplyDeleteI also like (a little) Marshall +14 over Ohio St, but dont know if I like them enough to bet them.
After further review, i agree with you rob. If Pete Carroll was coaching, it would be a no brainer. With Kiffin, I'm not sure what we are gonna get. It was a boring offense at UT. I'm leaving this game alone. Also, Ohio St. is notorious for slow starts, but, Marshall is a horredous road team. Leaving that game alone as well.
ReplyDelete1 game i forgot!! Cincinnati Bengals (-6.5) over indy. Cincy has covered this final preseason game 8 straight years!! Take it to the bank.
ReplyDelete